Monday, March 22, 2010

Making a quilt from my embroidery patterns.








So I have some news... I'm going to be exhibiting at this year's International Quilt Market where I'll be showing/selling my alphabet animal embroidery patterns and kits! Eeek, it's my first trade show that I've exhibited at and I have a crazy amount of work to get done (designing a booth space, updating web and print materials, making samples, etc). But I'm hoping it'll all come together. For my display I wanted to make a quilt that featured the entire embroidered alphabet, but if I was going to make a quilt I also wanted to make my own fabric for it. Last week I designed like crazy, and above is the collection and a diagram of what the quilt will look like finished. I'm so excited! Ordered the fabric yesterday and sent it to my quilty mom to start cutting all the pieces. We'll be making the quilt in a few weeks, and I'll be sure to share some progress pics. I can't wait to see it finished! Spread the word, tell your favorite quilting, needlework, yarn, crafty store that you want them to carry Penguin & Fish products. :-)

No comments:

Followers